Post-doctoral Research Fellow
Applications are invited for a Temporary 24 month post of a UCD Post-doctoral Research Fellow Level 1 within UCD School of Computer Science.
This is a research focused role, where you will conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training and development under the supervision and direction of a Principal Investigator. The primary purpose of the role is to further develop your research skills and competences, including the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic publications, the development of funding proposals, the mentorship of graduate students along with the opportunity to develop your skills in research led teaching.
In addition to the Principal Duties and Responsibilities listed below, the successful candidate will also carry out the following duties specific to this project:
1. Literature review of existing interpretive methods and the approaches that have been proposed to assess interpretive methods.
2. Identification of properties to be used to assess the interpretive method and its result and implementation of techniques to measure such properties in existing interpretive methods.
3. Development of assurance cases and identify claims and strategies to argue about explainability of a ML algorithm.
4. Implementation of techniques to reduce/increase the level of complexity of an explanation depending on the level of expertise of the stakeholders and the subject and purpose of the explanation.
5. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the approach by using open-source use cases and examples.
Salary range: €39,522 - €45,610 per annum
Appointment on the above range will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 25th August 2022.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications.
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the Work at UCD website: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/
UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.