Senior IDS Infrastructure Systems Officer
Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Continuing | Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 7
$90,063- $99,696 p.a
Senior IDS Cloud & Server Services Lead
Under general direction, the role is responsible for the technical and operational implementation and support of the University’s cloud and infrastructure services.
The role is also responsible for ensuring that customer needs for cloud and infrastructure systems are fully addressed and are consistent with best practice approaches.
Key Position Responsibilities
The key position responsibilities include:
Technical Management & Support
- Ensuring the provision of operational support to agreed levels, identifying and rectifying faults within appropriate timelines and liaising and negotiating with vendors and third party suppliers to resolve technical issues.
- Installing, maintaining and monitoring cloud and infrastructure systems and services according to technical specifications and in accordance with agreed policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Working collaboratively with the relevant stakeholders to provide support and assistance where needed and where priority requires.
Technical Vision & Roadmap
- Supporting the relevant stakeholders in developing, implementing and managing the vision and associated roadmap for the University's infrastructure services, ensuring the vision and roadmap is aligned to the strategic objectives and relevant governance principles of IDS and Flinders.
- Assisting with developing business cases for new or enhanced technologies and solutions to support the delivery of the roadmap.
Technical Knowledge & Excellence
- Supporting formal and informal market scanning and benchmarking activities to be aware of emerging market offerings and trends.
- Periodically participating in knowledge building activities and events to be aware of latest/best practices related to the role and to keep skills and knowledge up to date.
- Providing timely and effective advice and support to customers and stakeholders by identifying improvements to support services and providing technical expertise to enable customers to adopt new technologies and processes.
Risk, Governance & Ways of Working
- Supporting an agile based way of working to manage, refine, and prioritise the activity backlog based on relevant customer and IDS priorities. Balancing the need to support day to day operations in a stable and reliable manner, with the need to undertake functional enhancements and new features for customers.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating risks related to the activities being undertaken by the role in line with IDS and Flinders University policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant IDS and Flinders University policies and procedures.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Information Technology or relevant technical area, and / or equivalent relevant experience in an IT environment.
- High level thinking, planning and analytical skills to support outcomes and meet the University's strategic goals.
- Well developed skills in contributing to a team reaching its full potential, including well developed interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- General experience in dealing with customer relationships and expectations.
- General experience in agile ways of working including exposure to scaled agile methodologies and/or collaborating and delivering through a matrix structure.
- Well developed self-improvement and growth mindset/approach to the role and as part of a wider team.
- Well-developed interpersonal influence and demonstrated ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and customers across a diverse organisation particularly during the design, management and implementation of customer solutions.
- High level experience with server based systems, virtual server environments and associated software, storage and backup systems in a large scale network environment.
- General knowledge and experience with SOEs, email systems and associated software.
- Significant experience with virtual server environments such as with Citrix or VMWare.
- Higher education experience advantageous.
For more information regarding the position, or to have a confidential discussion, please contact: Mr David Dickinson
How to Apply
Please review the Key Position Capabilities above and submit a Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages addressing the criteria. Applications without a Suitability Statement may not be considered. For more information, please see our How To Apply page.
Information for Applicants:
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
25 Aug 2022