This role forms part of a busy Programme Support team within the Faculty Education Services (Bioscience Education) department. It is responsible for providing a professional and quality service to both the students and academics of the Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine for a large suite of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive administrator who is committed to providing an excellent programme support provision. The successful applicant will provide administrative support across a range of programme support services.
The post holder will be expected to communicate with students and will interact with a wide range of academic and professional service staff from across the School and the University. The Faculty Education Service is a busy department; you will need to be highly motivated, with good time management and excellent attention to detail.
The post holder must be an excellent communicator able to present information clearly and concisely and disseminate information across varied levels. Applicants must have customer service skills and some experience of a student record system and/or VLE would be beneficial. The role holder will be expected to manage a varied workload often across competing priorities, requiring the ability to negotiate and influence to deliver an excellent and effective administrative service.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
• To deliver a professional and service centric programme support provision across all aspects of programme administration, supporting the requirements of the UG and PG bioscience programmes within the Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine (FoLSM)
• Working within a team of Programme Officers within the Faculty Educational Service (FES) ensuring a consistent, accurate and timely service across all operational programme support activity.
• To ensure a responsive and personable student enquiry service with a coordinated approach to communication.
• Responsible for maintaining high standards of accuracy across programme support activity, meeting agreed deadlines in order to deliver student and academic expectations
• To undertake a range of programme support administration and activity across the full academic cycle; across the suite of bioscience programmes, working closely with colleagues across Faculty Education Services.
• Support student lifecycle processes from pre-enrolment activities through induction, registration, graduation and beyond, utilising systems and databases, e.g student records systems and virtual learning environments accordingly, and in accordance with best practice, ensuring consistency of data and identifying and resolving issues
• Servicing committees as directed by the line manager
• To contribute to operational planning; supporting the production of timetables, handbooks, module evaluation surveys for a range of programmes.
• Actively participate in the development and improvement of programmes and processes to support students and academic staff through identifying and suggesting improvements based on stakeholder feedback
• Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high-volume activity, providing cover and supporting the training and development of new staff members
• Take personal accountability for the data quality of student records, ensuring records are accurately maintained in accordance with the agreed retention schedules.
• Ensure all work is carried out in a professional and timely manner with appropriate confidentiality and sensitivity. Maintain an up to date knowledge of the data protection requirements and to support Freedom of Information and subject access requests.
• Carry out other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the grading of the post as required.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Excellent communication and presentation skills; demonstrable ability to present information clearly, accurately and concisely to diverse audiences
2. Excellent time management with the ability to organise, and plan effectively across competing priorities
3. Excellent attention to detail with methodical, exacting standards of written and numerical accuracy
4. Able to manage individual workload while working to deliver shared team service levels and objectives
5. Ability to make timely informed decisions, independently resolve problems and identify when to escalate risk
6. Ability to form professional networks and contribute positively to supporting change
7. Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
• Previous HE or administrative experience.
• Excellent IT experience, across all Microsoft packages; advanced excel user and experience of production of analytical data reporting
1. Degree or equivalent
2. Experience of programme governance and delivering professional committee servicing