Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, iSISTAQUIT Projects
- Located on Gumbaynggirr Country, Coffs Harbour
- Flexible, inclusive work environment with generous remuneration and benefits
- Be inspired to transform tomorrow
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our gamechanging new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Faculty of Health is seeking a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow to contribute to the SISTAQUIT and iSISTAQUIT projects, addressing an issue of utmost importance to public health – tobacco smoking in pregnant Indigenous women. The project aims to complete the SISTAQUIT Implementation Trial, then roll out and scale up the iSISTAQUIT training to urban and regional Aboriginal Medical Services and primary care services in a number of states. The project will include a social media campaign. The program of work includes pilot studies including the MAMA-EMPOWER app.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Undertake research and other professional activities that promote the discipline, Faculty and University more broadly.
- Contribute to and lead major grant applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholder, fostering engagement with industry, government departments and the wider community.
The successful candidate will bring a PhD in in a related science field, and experience managing research or community-based projects. Experience working in Indigenous settings or in Indigenous health research is desirable.
In addition, you will have:
- Experience in the conduct of relevant externally funded research, including project design, implementation, analysis, and administration, with published outcomes.
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience in the areas of health behaviour change, public health, tobacco, or substance use.
- Demonstrated ability seeking, obtaining and managing applications for external research funding.
The University’s values are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, along with the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
This position is:
- Full-time, fixed term (24 Months)
- Located at Coffs Harbour.
- Academic Level B. The base salary ranges from $101,544- $120,179 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $140,609.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with unrestricted work rights in Australia for the entire duration of the appointment. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name:Mrs Rebecca Hyland, Senior Project Manager
Phone: 041 323 720
Closing Date: 9:00 am AEST, 23 August 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.