Researcher in Bioanalytical Toxicology
Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Researcher in Bioanalytical Toxicology
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: position with initial 1-year contract (with possible extension - outlook for longer term collaboration), non-academic
Working Hours: 1,0 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 30.8.2022
EU Researcher Profile: R2
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is modern, dynamic and the most attractive university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 6000 staff and 30 000 students, a wide range of research areas and a strong international position. We are the largest academic employer in the South Moravian Region.
Faculty of Science MU, holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school education of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
RECETOX focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behaviour, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assess the exposure and health risks to humans and the environment, and develop technologies and biotechnologies for their removal. http://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/career/career-at-recetox
We are searching for a new colleague to join the research group of assoc.prof. Klára Hilscherová, Ph.D. as a Researcher.
- Realization of experiments in research projects
- Performing research activities in the field of studying the effects on hormonal regulation in organisms using in vitro models, development and application of new methods and approaches for the assessment of endocrine disruption
- Cell lines cultivation, molecular biology techniques (qPCR, western blot analysis, etc.)
- Performing analysis of biochemical markers in biological samples (enzyme activity, receptor binding etc.)
- Preparation, processing and testing of samples from the environment
- Processing of results, analysis, and interpretation of data
- Presentation of results, preparation of publications
- Cooperation in ensuring the technical operation of the laboratory
- Practical training of students and colleagues
Skills and Qualifications
- Academic Degree in (eco)toxicology, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or similar.
- Experience in biological/biochemical laboratory
- Experience with molecular biology methods.
- At least B1 in English for daily communication and for work with scientific publications
- Thoroughness, conscientiousness, ability to plan and good time management
- Willingness to learn and apply new knowledge at work
- Experience with cell line cultivation and transfection of cells and/or with instrumental analysis of samples is an advantage
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Jiří Dobeš, email@example.com.
- Work in friendly international environment
- Active use of English
- An interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 6 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, a financial meal allowance, lunches in canteens of MU, Multisport card, vaccinations free of charge, discounted language courses, university cinema discount, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone, childcare group-Campus
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- International Staff Office provides support with your relocation to Brno
The application shall be submitted online by 30.8.2022 via an e-application, please find the reference to the e-application in the beginning and end of the advertisement.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz. In case of problems with filling in the e-application form, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page and also Career page of Faculty of science.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!