Research Assistant in Computational Biology
The laboratory of Assistant Professor Nathan Harmston at Yale-NUS College is currently recruiting a Research Assistant in Computational Biology to work in the area of omics data integration and analysis. This position will be on a fixed term contract of up to 1.5 years.
We are looking for a motivated Computational Biologist with an interest in gene regulation, cancer and omics integration/analysis to join the team in August 2022.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Utilize and/or develop computational tools, including but not limited to, those written in R/Python/Java
- Develop and use next generation sequencing pipelines for projects within the group
- Analyse large-scale datasets in collaboration with members of the group and collaborators
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of bioinformatics tools and related research efforts
- Provide guidance and support to researchers, undergraduate and graduate students
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
The prospective candidate should have the following:
- Possess a Bachelor degree in a related scientific area (e.g. Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Life Sciences, Computer Sciences, Statistics)
- Experience is analysing datasets relevant to cancer/genomics – specifically RNA-seq
- Demonstrable knowledge of important developmental signalling pathways in cancer (i.e. Wnt signalling)
- Experience with R/Python/Java or similar languages and with Unix based platforms
- Project management skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce
For full consideration, please submit the following materials to Dr. Nathan Harmston via email at Nathan.Harmston@yale-nus.edu.sg.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae; including a list of publications (if any)
- Statement on research experience
Review of applications will begin in end June/July 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Division of Science
At Yale-NUS College/NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make Yale-NUS/NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with Yale-NUS/NUS.