Student Experience Officer (Education & Attainment)
King’s Business School is growing! In terms of our size, impact and ambition. In the last 5 years our student community has grown by over 2000 students and we have expanded our portfolio of programmes significantly across campus, online and executive programmes. As a result we are seeking a Student Experience Officer (Community & Engagement) to support our growing and diverse student community.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to move into or develop further in the student experience field, and the higher education sector more broadly. You will have a passion for working with and supporting students, helping them to develop peer networks, key professional and social skills and an overall sense of belonging that supports their transition into and through university and make the most of their university experience.
You will support the Student Experience Manager and Deputy Student Experience Manager in achieving the Faculty’s student experience goals and you will be accountable for delivering on key student voice and learning community KPIs.
With a strong focus on building peer-peer relationships, you will be responsible for engaging the Faculty’s cohort of academic representatives, for the delivery of key student voice, and for ensuring the feedback loop is effectively closed. You will have responsibility for delivering the student mentor programme, ensuring first year students have access to a peer led support network. You will help to create physical and virtual environments and experiences which help students make meaningful connections and have quality conversations.
Your role is key in establishing our students as partners and co-creators in their university experience and your objective is for our students to feel that their opinions are valued, heard, and acted on as much as is reasonably possibly. You will have responsibility for supporting our student advisory board, enabling students to inform our strategic decision making.
You will be responsible for organising and contributing towards key student engagement activities across the academic year, including but not limited to induction, graduation, and social events. You will be a key contact for the King’s Business School Student Association, consulting on and promoting their work. You will engage with student societies, supporting, profiling and celebrating student endeavour.
You will be highly organised, motivated, and will be capable of working in a team but at times independently with limited supervision. You will have experience of event planning, promotion, and management. You will possess the skills and abilities necessary to connect and communicate with a student audience. You will have an enthusiasm for working with students and a passion to deliver a world-class student experience.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- Lead and support the organisation of student engagement activities which support student transition and academic success.
- Promote and manage the nomination and election process for student academic representatives, offering training, supervision and support to communicate student feedback to the faculty.
- Responsible for faculty Student Staff Liaison Committees, ensuring meetings are arranged and feedback collated in a timely fashion, closing the feedback loop and demonstrating impact.
- To administer the King’s Business School 20, working closely with the Vice Dean for Education, to engage students with the faculty’s strategic educational priorities.
- To lead on the Statistics Peer Tutor programme which supports the student educational experience, recruiting tutors and tutees, assessing impact and presenting findings to faculty committees.
- To identify areas of the student learning experience where further support is required working with internal and external stakeholders to scope appropriate interventions.
- To support the faculty EDI strategy, working with stakeholders to close and eliminate attainment gaps, with a particular focus on widening participation students.
- To work closely with the faculty EDI lead and Inclusive Education Student Partners, delivering projects which promote and utilise inclusive education practises.
- To support widening participation activity, including contributions to the faculty K+ and Sutton Trust programmes.
- Management of Student Experience Administrator
- To support student survey campaigns, helping to reach targets and demonstrate impact of initiatives which improve the student experience.
- Contribute to student newsletters, highlighting opportunities which will enrich the student experience.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of activities, using data to inform continuous improvement
- Attend faculty and non-faculty committee meetings and forums as requested, representing the student experience team, and feeding into wider policy and strategic decision making.
- Play an active role in the Student Experience Team, supporting other colleagues’ projects where necessary, developing a solid understanding of their roles and collaborating on projects to improve outcomes.
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues within the wider education team and other functional teams, identifying opportunities for collaboration which can improve and enhance the student experience and help achieve better outcomes.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Educated to degree level or equivalent, or has relevant work experience within the Higher Education sector
2. Demonstrable understanding of the current national situation in relation to higher education.
3. Demonstrable experience for improving the student or user experience.
4. Demonstrable understanding of the student life cycle.
5. Experience of and ability to facilitate and evaluate workshops, focus groups, and feedback exercises.
6. Demonstrable experience of working effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to enhance the overall quality of a process or experience.
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to exercise judgement and use creativity to problem-solve, and tenacity to pursue solutions.
9. Ability to work calmly under pressure.
10. Ability to take responsibility and decisions independently and to consult with and refer matters to colleagues when appropriate, with a flexible and adaptable approach to prioritising work.
11. Excellent IT skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to deliver a 10-minute presentation and a 45 minute interview. Both will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams.