- Provide integral support to the Director, Business Services and Quality (VET Group) and Director, Health, Science and Community
- Full-time, ongoing position, hybrid location at our vibrant Wantirna and Hawthorn campuses
- Attractive HEW5 salary plus 17% superannuation
About the Role
Swinburne is embarking on an exciting journey, working towards our new vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. We are seeking a driven and motivated administrative professional to undertake the role of Executive Assistant to Director, Business Services & Quality and Director, Health Science and Community (VET Group) to provide high quality, reliable and confidential support.
This role requires a broad range of skills and the ability to exercise judgement, initiative, discretion and independence. Along with the provision of general administrative services, you will also act as the primary point of contact between the Directors and stakeholders and thus play a significant role in effective relationship management across the University.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Arranging meetings, appointments, functions and relevant follow up action and exercise judgement in managing the diary of the leadership positions, particularly in relation to managing conflicting priorities
- Draft routine correspondence and manage the flow of office communications and workflow of documents requiring approval, ensuring that the appropriate staff action or review items in a timely manner
- Manage staff transactions via Workday and general finance or credit card reconciliations
- Undertake meeting regular secretariat and minuting for key committees
Completion of a degree or diploma; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing why you believe you are suitable for this position.
For further information about this role and to review the position description; please click 'apply' or click onto it at the bottom of the advert.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 21 August 2022, at 11 pm.
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Diversity and Inclusion
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact our Aboriginal Employment Coordinator at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant