Research Assistant, Pharmacy
We are looking for a full-time lab research assistant who shares our excitement to develop new insights about leukemia biology with the ultimate goal of developing new treatment for patients. We are fast growing young lab and looking for enthusiastic, motivated and passionate colleague.
Check out the Bhatt lab research focus, https://pharmacy.nus.edu.sg/team/asst-prof-shruti-bhatt/.
a) Laboratory tasks: 80%
- To maintain animal (mouse) colonies, including breeding and genotyping procedures.
- To establish and expand human leukemia xenografts.
- To perform efficacy study for anti-leukemia drugs (involving intravenous, subcutaneous, intraperitoneal injections).
- To monitor health status and phenotypes (e,g, tumor development, hematopoietic immunophenotype via flow cytometry)
- To isolate tissues (e.g., bone marrow, spleen) from the animals and process tumors.
- To harvest cells, protein, RNA or DNA from animal tissues, cell lines or bacteria.
- To bleed mice and perform flowcytometry to monitor leukemia engraftment.
- To perform experiments including PCR, immunoprecipitation and Western blot.
b) Administrative tasks: 15%
- To maintain a systematic and proper record of animals, including annual reports.
- To amend animal protocols as needed for updated procedures
- To be responsible for purchasing animals, chemicals, reagents and equipment as required by the project.
c) Laboratory safety: 5%
- To serve as a safety lead in the laboratory.
- To create and review standard operating procedures and risk assessments.
Applications should include full curriculum vitae and indicate the names of at least 2 referees.
- University degree (biology, biomedical science, biotechnology or related area).
- Ability to speak and write well in English.
- Prior experience working with the animal model (mouse) is required.
- Knowledge of: 1) basic principles and practices in the fields of biology, 2) principles, techniques and terminology used in biology, 3) principles, techniques and terminology used in animal studies.
- Appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 16814