Research Assistant, OR / CVR / WXM
The Duke-NUS Centre for Vision Research brings together the synergies of strength and capabilities as well as expertise in ophthalmology and vision sciences research within the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre. It paves the way for the creation of an all-encompassing amalgamated clinical, experimental and fundamental vision sciences platform that is able to holistically address all areas of vision disorders. This is aligned with the current goals of Singapore’s biomedical sciences initiative, in which the application of early and late-stage translational research with direct clinical and population impact is a top priority. The Centre’s research focuses on understanding the mechanisms underlying eye and vision disorders and from this identifying new treatment targets.
A Research Assistant position is available to support the work in the laboratory of translational research in fibrovascular complications. The selected candidate will perform a variety of research activities which include planning, organising and conducting research studies within the overall scope of a research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or his/her designate, including but not limited to the following: -
- Conduct animal, cell culture, biochemistry and molecular biology research.
- Conduct accurate monitoring, documenting and reporting of experimental results and/or research findings.
- Assist researchers in programming, data analysis and literature review in various research projects.
- Contribute to project management, presentations and publications of research work.
- Assist with general upkeep of laboratory needs, maintain safety protocols, provide technical support and establish work procedures to ongoing research projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described therein.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Health Sciences or equivalent with experience working in a wet-laboratory.
- Possess laboratory experimental skills in molecular and cellular biology such as cell culture, Western blotting, RNA and DNA extraction and cloning.
- Experience in tissue histology, sectioning and immunostaining techniques is desired.
- Prior experience in confocal microscopy and florescent imaging would be advantageous.
- A strong team player with a collaborative mindset who is open-minded, energetic and highly motivated.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.