Research Fellow, Materials Science and Engineering
This position is for postdoctoral research as research fellow in the exciting areas of CO2 capture, CO2 conversion in the Andrew B Wong Group, which is affiliated with the Department of Materials Science and Engineering the National University of Singapore (NUS) as well as with the Department of Chemical and Bimolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
The ideal candidate would have an excellent research background that can be applied to new directions within these areas.
The ideal candidate would possess expert level knowledge electrocatalysis or similar chemistries with a publication track record as a first author in leading journals (Impact factor >10 or more). Experience with materials characterization techniques such as SEM, EDS, EELS TEM, STEM, XRD, XAS, XPS, FTIR, AFM, STM, and/or Raman would be desirable.
- PhD degree in related discipline (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field)
- A strong understanding and extensive experience in electrochemistry and electrocatalysis is a must
- Able to mentor undergraduate, masters, and PhD students and work in interdisciplinary settings
- Fluent English speaker
- Able to understand literature and independently propose research direction
- Able to demonstrate a track record of novel research (First author papers in IF >10 journals)
- Able to manage routine logistics of research
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Materials Science and Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 14432