Research Fellow / Engineer (Project Executive)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
FoodPlant is a shared facility for small batch food production at the Food Hub @ Senoko. The facility aims to accelerate the commercialisation of new products in the industry by allowing food manufacturers, especially start-ups and SMEs, to test the commercial viability of products after conceptualisation before making the leap to full-scale production. We are looking for a motivated individual to join SIT and support the shared facility as the Project Executive.
The incumbent shall be supporting the project engagement with food manufacturers and production activities at the shared facility. In addition, he/she shall also be contributing to upskilling the industry through supporting training courses. The incumbent will report to the CEO who has overall responsibility for the facility.
- Participate in Food Safety and Occupational Safety and Health risk assessment and establish necessary documentations during project engagement with customers.
- Conduct briefing/ training on equipment, processes and site requirements to customers and visitors.
- Supervise/ execute operations in designated rooms. Ensure the operations comply to identified requirements. Provide necessary technical support and troubleshooting.
- Maintenance of records required for identification and traceability.
- Ensure cleanliness of the equipment and facility, and perform verifications activities according to schedules.
- Procure and maintain sufficient resources (e.g. packaging materials, cleaning chemical, consumables, stationaries, etc.) for day-to-day operation.
- Support planning and execution of training courses, workshops and seminars for food companies.
- Have a Bachelor in Food Technology and chemical process or related discipline.
- Have relevant experience in Research and Development or in Manufacturing processes particularly on UHT/HTST, spray drying, extrusion, retort process, freeze drying etc.
- A self-starter, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on cross-functional teams
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time