Clinical Trials Coordinator
Role type: Part-time 0.6 FTE; Fixed-term until December 2023
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of Medicine, Western Health
Salary: UOM 6 – $89,182 – $96,536 p.a. (pro-rata for part-time) plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, and the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, celebration, initiation, and renewal and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About The Department of Medicine, Western Health
The Department of Medicine, Western Health is a large and diverse department in the Melbourne Medical School that undertakes research, postgraduate and undergraduate teaching within the University of Melbourne teaching hospitals. A growing node of the Department, the Department of Medicine, Western Health conducts research into aging and chronic diseases, with particular emphasis on musculoskeletal diseases.
About the Role
Reporting to the Department Manager, The Clinical Trials Coordinator will provide primary coordination services for investigator-initiated clinical trials in the Department of Medicine, Western Health, and the Australian Institute for Musculoskeletal Science (AIMSS), which is based within the Department. The incumbent is expected to take responsibility for key aspects of all investigator-initiated trials, including participant and health service (as applicable) recruitment, generation and maintenance of required protocols and other documentation to maintain Good Clinical Practice (GCP) compliance, liaison with recruiting units in Western Health, liaison with study PIs and other relevant personnel, and other aspects
- Effectively and efficiently managing the department’s clinical research activities
- Providing research project updates in a timely manner to the appropriate lead researcher
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of paper or electronic case reports and other study documentation
- Preparation and submission of Research Ethics Committee and Governance applications, amendments, safety reports, annual reports, and other relevant correspondence
- Coordinating advertising and participant recruitment campaigns
You are a highly motivated, proactive, and organised individual with a background in clinical trials, ethics submissions, and management of research budgets. You will possess an elevated level of initiative with a demonstrated ability to plan, implement, prioritise and set deadlines.
You will also have:
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree with significant relevant experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to adhere to the principles of GCP
- Previous experience with clinical trials online reporting systems
- Demonstrated research and administration skills within the clinical research area
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
You will be required to spend time at the Sunshine, Footscray, and Williamstown sites therefore you will require a current driver’s licence.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: PD - Medicine WH Clinical Trials Coordinator .pdf
Applications close: 31st August 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time