Research Assistant, Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity
The National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks Research Assistant. The researchers will be working as part of the Cisco-NUS Accelerated Digital Economy Corporate Laboratory with funding from NUS and Cisco.
The Corp Lab will take a 360o view to accelerate Singapore’s Digital Economy transformation by developing solutions to automate and scale business operations, develop intelligent infrastructure for healthcare, build resilient, secure and operationalize next-generation infrastructure for IoT and enterprise environments, and harness technology to augment and drive productivity of a future-ready professional workforce.
The laboratory will conduct research focusing on accelerating the digitalization of industries across Singapore, by creating network-enabled, secure, data driven organizations with a Future-ready workforce in 5 broad areas below:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Researchers will develop AI algorithms to enhance search, extraction and learning of knowledge from operational data collected in workplace environments, and to develop reusable data-driven conversational agents (or “chatbots”) for intelligent and collaborative interactions with humans.
- Healthcare: Researchers will look at equipping hospitals with distributed and coordinated intelligence to improve their operational and clinical efficiency by facilitating sensing, understanding and interaction. Some potential applications include monitoring and active intervention for patients in the Emergency Department and monitoring of healthcare workers and human factors to improve performance.
- Cybersecurity: Researchers will conduct network-centric cybersecurity research and develop novel solutions for deployment in enterprises and industries. They will also develop an experimental cybersecurity testbed to demonstrate cybersecurity solutions.
- Urban Infrastructure: Researchers will develop enhanced collection and processing strategies as well as network infrastructure and data-driven solutions to enable applications such as transportation planning, predictive maintenance under network variability, and traffic management for autonomous vehicles.
- Future Workforce and Productivity: Combining NUS’ educational expertise with Cisco’s experience in workforce training, researchers will harness technology to develop the best learning practices to generate greater productivity.
- Possess at least a Bachelor degree / Master’s degree in the relevant area.
- Have demonstrated successful track-record of prior research work, and have a keen interest in participating in high-impact research within a large, multi-disciplinary corporate lab, and expertise in at least one of the research areas of the lab mentioned above.
- Keen interest in experimentation and system-building; machine learning and artificial intelligence, security and privacy, networking and communication systems, the Internet of Things, and/or cyber physical systems.
- Open to fixed-term contract
In your application, please also furnish the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae and transcripts, including a list of publications (provide softcopies of relevant papers)
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11367