Research Fellow, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders
The Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders (CVMD) Programme houses state-of-the-art technologies for profiling mitochondrial function and metabolic adaptations in human patients and other model organisms, and undertakes translational and clinical research in cardiovascular and metabolic disorders.
Dr Sun Lei’s research work focuses on understanding the RNA regulatory network underlying metabolic diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes. For more information, please visit https://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/cvmd/the-team/primary-appointment/Detail/sun-lei. We are looking for a highly organized, motivated and hardworking individual, who can accomplish a project in a highly competitive area.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of research activities including but not limited to the following:
- Independently carry out the design and execution of experimental research required by the research component of the project.
- Write and review research papers, present research outcomes, conceptualise new ideas and develop plans for independent research which could have a considerable influence and impact on the relevant field attracting research funding.
- Develop connections with local and international researchers for collaboration work.
- Contribute to project management, provide guidance and mentorship to undergraduate / medical students and research assistants.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- PhD and/or post-graduate medical degree with at least 3 years’ relevant research experience and training.
- Possesses experimental skills in molecular biology, cell biology and animal physiology.
- Proven track record in the form of high impact publications in recognised international journals.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Outram Campus
Organization: Duke-NUS Medical School
Department: Office of Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 11629