Associate Professor/Senior Clinical Lecturer in Occupational Therapy
Job profile overview
We are seeking to recruit a highly experienced, enthusiastic and ambitious Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered Occupational Therapist to validate a new Occupational Therapy degree programme at St Mary’s University, Twickenham. Initially the role will involve designing the curriculum, and then taking the programme through a successful validation and accreditation process with the HCPC. Thereafter, to implement, lead, manage and teach on the new programme.
You will join our growing team of dynamic and visionary health professionals in Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Public Health and Sports Rehabilitation to ensure effective student recruitment, high quality teaching and student experience, and successful student outcomes.
We are seeking a Chartered Occupational Therapist who is able to:
- Validate and professionally accredit a new Occupational Therapy programme
- Lead curriculum development for the new course (including working with appropriate partners and stakeholders) and to implement
- Provide course management and teaching, supporting the Faculty’s activities in Occupational Therapy (OT) and Allied Health development going forwards.
You will also:
- Have well-developed and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of critical, practical, and theoretical issues relevant to contemporary occupational therapy practice within today’s healthcare system
- Have experience of teaching, training, or supervising OT students within clinical practice and/or at undergraduate and/ or postgraduate level
- Have an understanding of the pre-registration BSc and MSc OT degree routes, as well as the OT apprenticeship programme
- Display an understanding and knowledge of student placements and processes
- The ability to inspire and enthuse students from a diverse range of backgrounds
The University offers academic and professional development and provides a Post Graduate Certificate Teaching Qualification for Lecturers who do not hold a recognised teaching qualification. You must be HCPC registered and hold membership with Royal College of Occupational Therapy (RCOT)
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Rosalie Barrett (Head of Allied Health Partnerships) Email: Rosalie.Barrett@stmarys.ac.uk.
Closing Date: 28 August 2022 at 23:00
Provisional Interview Date: 2 September 2022