Campaigns and Digital
Location: University House
Salary: £27,817 to £30,236 per annum
Posted On: Wednesday 13 July 2022
Closing Date: Sunday 14 August 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking for a talented, creative and hard-working Content Officer, who will enable our newly expanded Content team to tell compelling stories about our University and the subjects our students study.
You will be skilled in producing engaging content tailored to a variety of digital channels and direct mail. Whether you’re an outstanding writer with expertise in SEO and content marketing, or a social media specialist who knows how to reach new audiences, you could be a part of how we take BCU’s story to a host of external audiences.
As part of a wider content team led by our Head of Content and Content Managers, your work will focus on delivering content-first student recruitment campaigns which aim to solve genuine problems for prospective students in relatable, accessible and timely ways. The new and repurposed content you produce will influence and inform the views of thousands of potential students, and will ensure our social media, website and campaign content is elevated above the competition across a host of paid-for and organic channels.
- Produce high quality, engaging content as part of content strategies across our brand and subjects, helping to deliver against student recruitment growth targets.
- Create and coordinate content that is compelling, accurate and high quality, tailored to a range of paid and organic channels, including email and direct mail, as well as for use in and around events. Content will encompass everything from high-end video and photography to written content pitched precisely at target audiences.
- Ensure content is reflective of our corporate brand and sub brand style guidelines, with visual content adhering to core design principles and copy upholding our tone of voice.
- Ensure all content is purposeful and helps to drive conversion and interaction from prospective students, current students and wider audiences.
- A first degree.
- Demonstrable knowledge of content-led marketing, including strong experience of creating and coordinating content for a range of digital channels that meets objectives and KPIs
- Strong creative qualities, from developing new ideas for creative concepts to approving artwork and copy
- In-depth understanding of brand guidelines, tone of voice and writing for different audiences
- Excellent demonstrable copywriting and proofing skills with rigorous attention to detail
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise workload.
With around 26,900 students from 100 countries, Birmingham City University is a large and diverse learning community. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment. Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate academics, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance all support our graduates’ future employability.
The University is committed to internationalism and diversity and welcomes applications from all countries, faiths and backgrounds.
It is each individual successful applicants responsibility to ensure that they have permission to work in the UK. Some applicants may require sponsorship from the University and a visa from UKVI to take up the role if successful. More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Some roles are not capable of sponsorship because they do not meet the UKVI criteria relating to skill and salary level. If you are unsure as to whether you would require sponsorship if successful, or whether the role is capable of sponsorship, please contact us: RTinbox@bcu.ac.uk
Please note on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
At Birmingham City University we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in our employment practice and in all that we do . This commitment is enshrined in our Core Values and is detailed in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Employment Policy. The University values and celebrates the diversity of our staff and students; we welcome people from the many different backgrounds and life experiences that reflect the students and the citizens we serve. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and actively encourage unique contributions, in particular from under-represented groups in respect of age, disability, sex, gender or gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender status
Birmingham City University ('BCU') is committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about what we do with your personal data. One of the ways we do this is through our privacy notices. For further information please click here.