Research Fellow, Mechanobiology Institute
We are seeking for a talented and highly motivated candidate to study immune biology complexity with 3D in vitro models for cancer therapy. The position is in Dr. Andrea Pavesi Lab at the MECHANOBIOLOGY INSTITUTE (MBI) National University of Singapore (NUS).
Areas of investigation include:
- Aneuploidy organoids and immune cell interaction;
- Modelling adipose tissue clearing by macrophages
- Engineered immune cell behavior under controlled gradients of matrix stiffness.
The candidate will be responsible to design the 3D assays, perform the experimental work, live imaging by fluorescent and confocal microscopy, analyse images with imaging softwares, calculate statistics and present data to support his observation. The experimental work will include maintenance of primary cell lines, cell differentiation, cell seeding in the microfluidic platform, optimization of the culture conditions, cell characterization by different techniques such as flow cytometry and immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence.
- PhD in Immunology, Life sciences, Biomedical sciences, Molecular Biology, Biotechnogy or equivalent
- Possess an academic background and/or experience 3D tissue culture
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience and familiar with cell culture and molecular biology techniques
- Be independent in learning necessary techniques, design and perform experiments
- Experience with human blood/tissue sample handling/processing (e.g. isolation of specific immune cell populations and their differentiation)
- Ability to design, perform complex experimental protocols and data analysis
- Experience with flow cytometry analysis for different immune cell populations
- Experience with confocal microscopy and image/data analysis
- Excellent in written and oral communication, preparation of data for lab meeting/publication/grants
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative and independent in problem solving
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. MBI may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Mechanobiology Institute
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16243