Research Assistant, IORA
Project involves working closely with a world leading manufacturer of semiconductor packaging and electronic assembly solutions supporting the global automotive, consumer, communications, computing and industrial segment. This role offers a unique opportunity for the individual to be involved in pioneering work to forge the way to develop and embed data analytics and optimisation solutions into existing manufacturing processes. Together with a team of researchers, the main responsibility of the candidate is to engage the stakeholders, manage projects and take the lead to drive business analytics outcomes. Due to the technical nature of the collaboration, the candidate is required to have a good understanding of data analytics and optimisation to drive the project. While this is primarily a project manager role, an ability to be able to conduct research in data analytics and optimisation would be a plus.
Candidate will be required to:
- Program in R and Python
- Train and tune machine learning models using R or Python.
- Create visualizations and reports using R’s ggplot.
- Comfortable explaining machine learning and data analysis concepts to laymen.
- Conduct research in data analytics and operations management or related domains.
- Ideally have 2 years’ experience working on data analytics projects and be comfortable engaging stakeholders and taking the lead to drive business outcomes. However, fresh graduates with good attitude and motivation will also be considered and given mentorship.
- Ability to work under ambiguity and carve out a strategy to solve the customer’s problems.
- Have good project planning and be able to manage stakeholder’s expectations.Applying statistical methods and machine learning models to solve business problems.
- Needs to be comfortable training and tuning machine learning algorithms like random forest, xgboost and glmnet models in R or Python.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interest in visualizations and work with R’s dplyr, caret and ggplot packages would be welcomed.
- Have knowledge in the areas of applied stochastic analysis and optimization.
- Minimum of Degree/Masters in any field but must demonstrate ability to code and understand machine learning concepts.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS