Research Fellow / Engineer, Construction Technology Innovation Technology (CTIL)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team under Construction Technology Innovation Technology (CTIL) to develop/produce/investigate the application of prestressing technology on strut/waler supporting system used for deep excavation works.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Prepare, plan, explore and execute ideas on the use of post-tensioning system for propping system in deep excavation works
- Carry out literature review, analytical and numerical studies related to structural and geotechnical aspects of the project
- Present research milestones/deliverables through reports, presentations, and publications
- Working closely with industry partners and relevant stake holders to ensure the project milestones/deliverables met
- Participate in supervision of undergraduate students on their industry capstone projects
- Occasionally involve in teaching (or tutorial class) under civil engineering programme
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and deliverable of the project
- Minimum post-graduate degree in civil engineering with major in structural engineering. Possessing a PhD degree will be advantageous
- Have relevant working or research experience
- Solid knowledge background in the areas of steel structural engineering and pre-stressing technology
- Familiar with deep excavation works in Singapore and soil-structure interaction related to Earth Retaining and Stabilising Structures (ERSS)
- Proficient in structural numerical finite element analysis software
- Good verbal and written communication in English
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time