Research Fellow / Engineer (Chemical Engineering)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an applied research project to develop an automated crystallization platform with predictive control capability.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Build a crystallization system complete with multiple Process Analytical Tools (PATs)
- Develop the crystallization process for an API, given specific processing constraints/outcomes.
- Develop crystallization kinetics models, as input for process control algorithm.
- Conduct multiple crystallization experiments (overnight experiment is possible, depending on needs)
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple interdisciplinary groups to achieve project deliverables.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of Chemical Engineering, Crystallization process development, and/or Process Analytical Tools (Raman, IR, Particle size etc).
- Have a PhD in Chemical Engineering / Chemistry/ Process engineering or other related field. Outstanding Degree holder with relevant experience are also encourage to apply.
- Knowledge of model predictive control, machine learning, signal processing or experience in pharmaceutical industries and R&D will be advantageous.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time