Project Engineer, NAMIC hub (Research Engineer)
The Project Engineer will provide support Additive Manufacturing capability development in the NAMIC hub@SIT. This position will provides skills in industrial design, fabrication and prototyping, and to support for research and industry projects. The engineer is to demonstrate responsibility and taking up ownership for studying and identifying industry’s AM needs as well as opportunities and mapping them to existing hub’s programs or initiate new programs to address gaps.
- Supports Hub Manager and project PIs to ensure project timelines, budget and deliverables are adhered to.
- Provides support to Project PIs on research grant proposals and submissions, preparation of final reports and relevant research agreements for industry projects, in accordance with the University’s guidelines.
- Initiates, implements, and follows through of new projects.
- Conducts resource planning and develops schedules to ensure successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and timely completion of projects.
- Works closely with Project PIs to ensure that funding and authorization is in place for projects and to work within agreed budgets.
- Develops and manages interim reports for Project PIs, industry sponsors and review board (if necessary) to ensure that each project is moving toward timely completion.
- Processes procurement documents, petty cash claims, reimbursement claims, invoices etc for projects and clusters in accordance to the University’s guidelines.
- Support conducting landscape analysis of specific topics and identify gaps and needs.
- Support the development and execution of different Additive Manufacturing program offerings.
- Assists in the development of proposals for collaborative projects with industry and academic partners that are additive manufacturing related.
- Support the development of proficiency testing programs to help organizations satisfy accreditation requirements using established and published international standards.
- Supports cluster Engineering Specialist in standards development and works closely with SPRING, ASTM, ISO, AM TC, MSC and SMF.
- Works closely with SIT Inno Hub to support start-ups in adopting additive manufacturing technologies and other licensing opportunities.
- Provides industrial / mechanical design expertise; works closely with computational research designers and manufacturing engineers.
- Carries out engineering analysis and design for manufacturability and engineering performance, particularly using additive manufacturing.
- Provides expertise for fabrication and prototyping using commercial and in-house developed fabrication equipment.
- Develop process parameter for metal 3D printing process, pre- and post-processing and quality inspection.
- Provide 3D printing solutions for both internal and external customers from simulation, topology design, printing, post-processing and evaluation.
- Participate in AM core technology and machine development with other R&D engineers
- Ensure that high standards of Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) are achieved in AM process
- Effectively collaborate with project team and operations personnel to frame and execute modeling and simulation projects that lead to recommendations for optimal designs and processes.
- Appropriately interpret and explain modeling and simulation results physical explanations and propose solutions to product development and manufacturing team.
- Assists Heads Hub in training and other cluster-related activities.
- Provides support for workshops, industry seminars, outreach, competitions, conferences, and company visits including collation of presentation/ event slides, printing of programme materials, refreshments booking and coordination, venue booking, coordinating lab demonstration sessions, etc.
- Minimum degree in the area of Mechanical Engineering/Material Science from recognized university
- Possessing a Master’s degree will be advantageous.
- Demonstrated at least 3 years of experience in engineering design and fabrication.
- Processing practical experience in addictive manufacturing projects will be advantageous.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time