Research Fellow / Engineer (Deep Excavation)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team under Construction Technology Innovation Technology (CTIL) to develop/produce/investigate the application of prestressing technology on strut/waler supporting system used for deep excavation works.
- Participate in and manage an applied research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Plan, explore and execute research ideas on the use of post-tensioning structural steel system for propping in deep excavation works
- Perform analytical and numerical studies related to structural and geotechnical aspects of the project and potentially test-bedding planning
- Present research milestones/deliverables through reports, presentations, and publications
- Working closely with industry partners and relevant stake holders to ensure the project milestones/deliverables met
- Participate in supervision of undergraduate students on their industry capstone projects
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of the project
- Minimum post-graduate degree in civil engineering with major in structural engineering. Possessing a PhD degree will be advantageous
- Have relevant working or research experience
- Good knowledge background in the areas of structural engineering
- Familiar with deep excavation works in Singapore and soil-structure interaction related to Earth Retaining and Stabilising Structures (ERSS)
- Proficient in structural numerical finite element analysis software
- Good verbal and written communication in English
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time