Research Engineer (Chemical Engineering / Chemistry / Related Engineering Course)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an applied learning innovation project where you will be part of the research team to further develop Xandar Pharmaceuticals, a teaching model of a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant. You will work alongside multiple faculties, to develop innovative pedagogies in the effort to train industry ready graduates. In addition, you will also have the chance to participate in other applied research projects aligned to the interest of the industry.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Enhance the features of Xandar Pharmaceuticals, including writing/revising GMP documents, 3D printing of parts, or other necessary mechanical works.
- Develop and execute innovative student projects related to Xandar Pharmaceuticals.
- Conduct frequent focus groups/surveys/assessment with students, to access the efficiency of the pedagogy and devise strategy to enhance student learnings.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of Chemical Engineering, pedagogy development or execution of applied learning research projects.
- Have a degree in Chemical Engineering / Chemistry or other related engineering field.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical operations, or experience in pharmaceutical industries will be advantageous
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time