Hub Manager, NAMIC Hub
The National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC) was established on 1 October 2015, to be the collaborative partner in 3D printing technology creation and innovation through working with different industries, agencies and institutions to develop capabilities in 3D printing, innovate and accelerate 3D printing to increase Singapore’s global manufacturing competitiveness. The NAMIC Hub @SIT aims to introduce 3D printing in areas that can benefit the industry, with the objective to increase collaboration with key industry partners. The collaboration is targeted to translate upstream research into applications for commercialization.
The Hub Manager will work closely with the NAMIC Cluster Lead Party (CLP), SIT Inno Hub (Applied Research Center), Heads of NAMIC Hub@SIT, and Project PIs to manage the NAMIC@SIT business in all aspects including monitoring of KPIs and budget, ensuring that KPIs are met which include promoting industry development and adoption of additive manufacturing through outreach and training, generating industry projects, licenses, industry co-funding and supporting startups as well as standards and technology development.
- Promote additive manufacturing technology, industrial and entrepreneurial growth efforts
- Conduct research to identify emerging needs, trends and services related to additive manufacturing
- Plan and execute activities to promote the adoption of additive manufacturing through industry projects, license agreements, industry co-funding and supporting start-ups.
- Plan, coordinate, organize, spearhead efforts to forge and maintain close relationships with industries.
- Facilitate and host visits from industries, universities and agencies.
- Work closely with NAMIC Cluster Lead Party (CLP) to follow up on potential companies, institutes of higher learning and start-ups for projects, license agreement, co-funding and standards development.
- Ensure appropriate resources such as equipment and materials are available for the successful completion of projects.
- Represent NAMIC Hub@SIT to the public, organisations and industries.
- Serve as a liaison to CLP, NAMIC-IHL hubs, universities, industries and agencies
- Work closely with external organisations to support the development of standards and technical references relevant to additive manufacturing.
- Identify funding sources for projects requiring financial assistance.
- Work closely with the Heads of NAMIC Hub@SIT and SIT AM workgroup to develop the annual roadmap and workplans.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations related to NAMIC Hub@SIT.
- Assist the Heads of Hub and Project PIs to ensure project compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Assist the Heads of Hub to coordinate the development, evaluation and implementation of the cluster’s goals, objectives and activities related to pushing out technology and industrial business growth.
- Assist the Heads of Hub to monitor budget and prepare timely financial reports.
- Work with the Heads of Hub to make recommendations to CLP and funding agencies in the development strategy for business growth in additive manufacturing.
- Oversee, track and monitor the cluster KPIs, budgets and progress of projects in a timely manner.
- Collate inputs from Heads of Hub, Project PIs and Engineers to prepare progress and budget reports.
- Prepare progress reports, audit and budget statements to be submitted to CLP and funding agencies timely, in line with needed requirement
- Work with Inno Hub, ARIE and ARO administration to coordinate audits and budget reporting.
- Plan and execute outreach and training activities to promote additive manufacturing through the successful organization of workshops, seminars, competitions and other training programmes.
- Provide administrative support for the evaluation of Proof of Concept, Value and Standards Development projects.
- Prepare and coordinate Call for Proposal for Proof of Concept, Value and Standards Development projects.
- Minimum a good engineering degree from a recognized university.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties.
- Strong business acumen
- Good connections to the industries, eg. manufacturing, precision engineering, aerospace and defense, building and construction, marine and offshore.
- Project management and/or business development experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to network and cold-call, meet tight deadlines and monitor budget.
- Strategic thinking, innovative and creative in problem solving
- Strong relationship management skills with an outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Effective team player while also able to work independently when required
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment under challenging timelines
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time