Research Fellow / Engineer (Intelligent Sustainable Aquaponics)
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to design and develop an innovative intelligent and sustainable container-based aquaponics system for healthy and liveable Singapore.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Design and construction of a two-storey container-based multi-loop aquaponics system appropriate for Singapore’s tropical climate.
- Monitoring, control, and automation of aquaponics operations using reliable green internet of things.
- Optimisation of fish and vegetable yields through precision water and nutrient management with artificial intelligence.
- Prepare project reports, publications, and presentations.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Have a degree in Electrical and Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Infocomm Technology, Computer Sciences, or closely related discipline from a recognised university. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in system design and development, instrumentation and measurements, communication networks, internet of things, data analytics, artificial intelligence, computer programming, or solar power technology will be advantageous.
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time