Research Assistant, Mechanobiology Institute
The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multi-disciplinary institute committed to develop new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dynamic functional processes. Through quantitative biophysical approaches, we address major problems in biomedical sciences including pathogenesis (from bacterial to cancer), tissue regeneration and function.
- Conduct research on development of methodologies to develop therapeutic interventions for Non-Alcoholic SteatoHepatitis
- Conduct research of lab-based meat
- Handle live animals (mice and rat) in experiments
- Handle primary human-derived cells and animal-derived cells
- Perform enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), liver cells functional assays, confocal microscopy imaging
- Assist other research projects on mechanobiology; liver tissue engineering’ biomaterials and imaging
- Assist in laboratory safety
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
- BSc and above in life science or biomedical engineering from highly reputable universities or academic institutes
- Experienced in cell culture, molecular biology, microscopy and image analysis
- Comfortable with handling liver animals (mice and rat)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Good team player demonstrated in research teams
- Demonstrated ability to think and work across disciplinary boundaries
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Research
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15135