Research Assistant, Cardiovascular, Department of Surgery
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for the Cardiovascular Single Cell Laboratory in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The lab is equipped to perform cellular experimental work (BSL2) on human samples, and has strong translational and clinically orientated background with access to clinical data and human tissue. Given clinical contacts the lab would provide strong interaction with cardiovascular specialists and clinicians. Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to support the ongoing experimental work related to cardiovascular disease modeling using 3D cell culture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The RA’s principal role will be to support current and future research projects in the laboratory.
The RA is expected to:
- Plan and perform experimental work related to fluorescence activated cell sorting, immunofluorescence, molecular biology including DNA, RNA and corresponding proteomic work, cell culture;
- Conduct literature searches, collect and analyse experimental results and research findings;
- Maintain inventory of consumables, prepare reagents, maintain and set-up equipment, and other general laboratory duties as required;
- Provide administrative support, such as safety and protocol management, collaboration with other researchers, assist in preparing project reports and grant proposals as required;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- have a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Sciences/Biotechnology or related disciplines;
- have at least 1 year working experience with skills in cell culture and molecular biology. DNA, RNA extraction, qPCR experience is required. Immunohistochemistry/ immunofluorescence experience encouraged.
- knowledge of computer applications, e.g. MS office, SPSS;
- be able to work independently and in a team;
- possess strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- display positive attitude and willingness to learn and work hard, have an investigative nature, attention to detail;
- proficient in English, both written and spoken.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 13244