Research Engineer, Ionosphere, SAR imaging
To investigate, through modeling and measurement, the impact of ionospheric effects on Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite images.
Scope of work.
- Sourcing and installation of equipment to measure ionospheric effects.
- Working with SAR image providers on the tasking of SAR satellites and procurement of SAR images.
- Preparing for field trials, including the design and installation of dedicated scatterers, such as corner reflectors.
- Recording and processing of measured data.
- Collaborate with researchers from SONDRA (CentraleSupelec ONERA NUS DSO Research Alliance), which may include research stints at SONDRA in France
- Present the results at international conferences.
- Possess at least a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Has Hands-on experience with equipment, preferably with radio equipment, GNSS receivers, and software defined radio (SDR).
- Experience with software tools such as MATLAB.
- Positive attitude – Able to work independently and in a team.
- Meticulous, able to work well with other researchers, and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12270