Research Support Officer, Faculty of Medicine and Health
7 days left
- Full Time
- Full time fixed term until May 2024
- Opportunity to provide administrative services and operational support to the Faculty to enable research activity and the development of the Faculty's research profile
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The new Faculty of Medicine and Health has been designed to enable innovation, excellence and strategic vision in teaching, research and clinical practice not only in medicine and health, but in all of the areas in which we operate.
The Research Support Officer provides administrative services and operational support to the Faculty to enable research activity and the development of the Faculty's research profile. This includes the implementation of initiatives that support the Faculty's strategic research priorities, assisting in the development of competitive grants applications, and supporting researchers and other support staff on post-award grant management. Offers support and operational advice on research issues to the researchers and key stakeholders within the work area.
This position is based at Westmead. You may be required to travel to other precincts to support other work areas.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work with the businesses key stakeholders to foster collaborative, multi-disciplinary and strategic research activities
- work with the researchers, the business development manager and other FMH research unit managers to coordinate approval processes for the submission of research grant applications
- support the internal grants and programs officer to administer internal programs and events where required or specific to location
- ensure accurate data collection activities of the research are being undertaken including submission of eligible research publications for the Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) and the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) collections
- maintain records of the work area's research performance in enterprise systems such as IRMA and faculty-based systems ensuring accuracy and consistent data quality
- facilitate effective communication and good working relationships amongst key stakeholder groups across the faculty
To be successful in this role, you have:
- tertiary qualifications with relevant work experience, and/or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training
- demonstrated experience working across multidisciplinary teams and ability to build effective relations with colleagues and clients
- demonstrated experience in facilitating, reviewing and writing grant applications
- excellent written and oral communication skills together with strong problem solving skills
- excellent computer skills including Microsoft office, databases, excel programs and web-based software
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- highly desirable if you have proven experience working in a research-intensive environment
- experience in finance and planning research budgets together with robust numeracy skills
- demonstrated experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases
- has previous administrative experience in a tertiary organisation, working knowledge of academic institutions, structures and the higher education sector.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 17 August 2022 11:59 PM