Research Fellow, Thermal and Diffusive Metamaterials
We are looking for a Research Fellow who is experienced in Thermal Metamaterials.
The selected incumbent is expected to
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, modeling, and verification of dynamically inhomogeneous thermal systems. Reveal novel phenomena such as nonreciprocity and trapping, thermal Willis coupling, diffusive Fizeau drag, etc.
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, modeling, and verification of topologically related thermal systems. Reveal novel phenomena such as edge states, heat localization, etc.
- Design and promote the practical applications of dynamically inhomogeneous and topologically related thermal systems, in order to realize advanced thermal sensing, camouflaging, and protecting, etc.
- Conduct high-quality research, propose innovative research ideas, and to be an active member of the department.
- At least a PhD degree in Theoretical Physics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, or areas relevant to topological thermal metamaterials.
- At least 3 years of practical experience in the design, fabrication, and testing of thermal metamaterials.
- Knowledge in transformation theory, effective medium theory, spatiotemporal modulation, nonreciprocal physics, and Willis coupling.
- Skill in constructing models and performing simulations.
- Experience in temperature control system.
- Strong publication records in the research field of thermal metamaterials.
- Possessing international experience is an advantage.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13183