Education Support Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
- Position located at the University's Broken Hill Rural Clinical School
- Opportunity to support the delivery of education and placement opportunities for health discipline students in far west NSW
- Coordinate placement opportunities ensuring student compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory controls within the Student Placement Programs
- Full-time fixed term until December 2024 with extension subject to funding with a Base Salary $79,717 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Broken Hill Rural Clinical School, (also known as the Broken Hill University Department of Rural Health) is funded under the Commonwealth Department of Health to deliver the objectives of the Rural Multidisciplinary Training Program. Working with local health service providers and tertiary training organisations, you will assist with the training needs of health students whilst aiming to address the rural health workforce shortage.
In this Education Support Officer role, you will provide a broad range of education administrative and operational support to the program area to meet the educational needs of multiple universities and tertiary training organisations. You will be the interface between student, educators, and placement supervisors through effective coordination of the placement calendar.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate processes for placements by liaising with universities, health services, and students to secure, coordinate, and support rural health placements in collaboration with clinical educators, the education team, and broader stakeholders
- develop, deliver, and contemporise orientation to students on commencement of placement
- help maintain effective education support systems, processes, and records
- take responsibility for the education support of specific disciplines including coordinating placements, teaching activities, and supporting Clinical Educators to ensure curriculum and placement needs are met
- liaise with and establish effective working relationships with key staff to ensure that the education support, learning and teaching priorities and needs are effectively met.
- the capability to provide a broad range of education support, the delivery of discipline-specific and inter-professional education
- demonstrated proficiency in preparing and presenting training material on behalf of academics
- effective and tactful communication skills (written and verbal) and experience dealing with and understanding a wide range of stakeholders and their competing needs
- the capacity to work closely with and support clinical educators with student supervision and education and take responsibility for the coordination of all matters relating to placements and education
- ability to work calmly through frequent and ad hoc changes to program and student schedules
- familiarity with accommodation booking systems.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
COVID Vaccination or LHD approved exemption is a mandatory requirement of this position.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health employment requirements
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Operations, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 16 August 2022 11:59 PM