Research Associate (Biostatistician)
The primary role of the Biostatistician is to provide basic and advanced statistical support for clinical studies and assist with study design, literature review, data analyses, and reports of findings. The incumbent will work under Prof Zhang Cuilin’s team, specializing on conducting research on Global Asian women’s health cohorts on cardio-metabolic disease, nutrition and reproductive health, mental health and epidemiology based in Singapore.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Analysing clinical or research data via basic and advanced statistical methods, according to the PI’s research directions
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data collection based on medical records and data entry
- Develop visualizations and written reports for research methodology, process, and findings for presentation and dissemination to key stakeholders
- Maintain regular communication with other team members in PI’s group and collaborators
- Other ad-hoc analyses as required by the PI
- Master’s degree in Statistics or Biostatistics
- Strong skills in statistical software (e.g., STATA, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in research, preferably in clinical research environment
- Meticulous, possess good interpersonal and organising skills
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Track record of scientific publication and leading projects is advantageous
- Option for Part-time commitment
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15149