Research Fellow, Chemistry
The successful candidate will work with Prof. Sam Li under a project on Cost-Effective Removal and Recovery of Heavy Metals from Non-Incinerable Wastes.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- To develop metal chelators
- To conduct research on the reuse of clean industrial sludge as concrete
- To assist in conducting pilot tests
- To collaborate with potential offtakers to conduct tests on real samples and prototype processes.
- To develop processes to use recovered metals from waste as electrodes
- To develop novel metal catalysts for energy generation
- Qualifications / Discipline: PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Skills: Research on development of metal chelators and conducting pilot tests.
- Experience: Metals extraction technologies and electrochemistry
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13167