Research Engineer, Magnetic Sensor and Applications
We are looking for a Research Engineer who has a background in electrical engineering (electronic and magnetic devices, circuit design and signal processing).
The successful applicant is expected to
- Design advanced magnetic sensors based on the spin-orbit torque technology (conceptualization and modelling);
- Develop and optimize the processes for fabricating magnetic sensors (materials selection, structure optimization, thin film deposition, lithography, liftoff, process repeatability, etc.);
- Characterize the sensors (field response, frequency response, noise, thermal stability, etc.);
- Develop proof-of-concept applications of the sensors in health monitoring and related applications.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering (electronic/magnetic devices, circuit design, signal processing and sensor applications)
- Possess knowledge and research experience in electronic and magnetic materials and devices, in particular magnetic sensors and applications.
- Has good technical writing and presentation skills.
- Able to manage time effectively and work under deadlines.
- Interest to pursue a PhD degree on part-time basis.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13185