Research Assistant, Data officer (Pharmacology)
This position is responsible for the Memory Aging and Cognition Centre (MACC) database management, supporting the research communities inside and outside NUS that use the MACC database.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Database organization related matters:
- Maintaining and expanding the MACC central database
- Monitoring data entry and conducting checks to maintain a clean and updated central database in a timely manner
- Providing data dictionary/instruction for researchers’ reference together with PI and Co-Is
- Data correction following instructions of PI and Co-Is
- Routine and comprehensive data backup to improve data safety
- Data governance guidelines based on university/institution policy updates
- Work with program teams to develop project plans which include requirements, scope, deliverables, budget and schedules.
- Oversee and plan project demands, proof-of-concept/value initiatives with stakeholders.
- Determine project goals to ensure the project supports business objectives and strategies
- Single-Point-of-Contact for program teams and stakeholders for the projects.
- Identify and propose solutions that will help mitigate security vulnerabilities of the project.
- Provide software development support when needed.
- Present project updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Database sharing related matters:
- Checking the credentials of requestors
- Upon data request approval, extracting and releasing requested data to the requestor
- Creating a log system, keeping track of data requests, project progress, and other relevant information
- Updating derived data from researchers in the central database following instructions of PI and Co-Is
- Publication related matters:
- Providing a template of acknowledgement and database description for researchers to add in manuscripts
- Tracking and updating MACC publication information
- Other duties as assigned by the PI including advice and execution of IT related needs and solutions for the MACC
- A Bachelor or higher degree in computing
- Programming skills are highly desirable to automate and speed up the database management, and experience with database management preferable
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Understanding the meaning of the data variables
- Meticulous, excellent organizational and coordination skills, and interpersonal and communications skills
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Has relevant hands-on experience working with software development in a team.
- Good grasp of latest IT technologies, methodologies and best practices, particularly for mobile app development.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications and iOS/Android development.
- Experience in one or more of the following types of project implementations: web-based and mobile application.
- Possess leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with different groups of stakeholders
- Possess a can-do attitude towards complex challenges
For further details, please contact Ms Connie Teo Kee Ling: email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy, please apply via the online recruitment system, with a CV and cover letter including two references. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.