Researcher in the area of Partial Differential Equation
Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Researcher in the area of Partial Differential Equation
Workplace: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with contract until 31 December 2024, non-academic
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: 1 position within 2022 (negotiable) and 1 position starting from 1.1.2023 (taking into account immigration timelines for non EU candidates)
Number of Open Positions: 2
Pay: CZK 45000 per month
Application Deadline: 31.8.2022 (or until positions filled)
EU Researcher Profile: R2
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is modern, dynamic and the most attractive university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 6000 staff and 30 000 students, a wide range of research areas and a strong international position. We are the largest academic employer in the South Moravian Region.
Faculty of Science MU, a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the Faculty of Science MU is opening 2 researcher positions associated to a research project.
Key Duties: the researcher will conduct research in the area of partial differential equations, within the project Nonlinear Schrodinger equations and systems with singular potentials, principal investigator Phuoc Tai Nguyen.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- A PhD degree in mathematics or related areas (or be close to obtaining one)
- Experience and strong background in the area of partial differential equations
- Good communication skills and fluency (oral and written) in English
- Good and relevant publication record
The applicant should have:
- High motivation to join the research team
- Good vision of the future research interests
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Jan Slovak, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +420 54949 7060.
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 6 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, a financial meal allowance, lunches in canteens of MU, Multisport card, vaccinations free of charge, discounted language courses, university cinema discount, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone, childcare group-Campus
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- International Staff Office provides support with your relocation to Brno
The application shall be submitted online by 31 August 2022 via an e-application, please find the reference to the e-application in the beginning and end of the advertisement.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter describing candidate's research interest and experience
- Summary of research outputs and publications
- Arrange at least two reference letters to be sent directly to Jan Slovak (email@example.com)
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!