Associate Professor / Professor for the Department of Chemical Drugs
6 days left
- Full Time
The Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for a job position Associate Professor / Professor for the Department of Chemical Drugs
In the field of research and education, the Department of Chemical Drugs focuses on the synthesis, verification of structure, study of physico-chemical properties and analytical evaluation of new biologically active substances. It belongs among six departments of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Masaryk University (MU), which is the second largest employer in the region. The basic mission of the Faculty of Pharmacy of MU is to provide university education, to carry out research in the field of pharmacy and related fields and to fulfil the social role of the faculty as an academic institution. The faculty closely cooperates with domestic and foreign research institutes as well as pharmaceutical industrial companies.
What will be your job responsibilities:
- Providing research, development and innovation, especially by initiating and leading research groups focusing on the synthesis and analysis of drugs
- Activities to ensure funding for research, development and innovation from third parties. Submission of grant applications, implementation of contractual cooperation, etc.
- Publishing in prestigious journals and other forms of communicating the results of research, development and innovation
- Active participation in the preparation and guarantee of study programs in the field of Pharmacy
- Implementation of student's education in master's and doctoral study programs of the Faculty of Pharmacy
- Active participation in domestic and foreign scientific conferences, presentation of research results at conferences and other professional meetings in the country and abroad
- Creation of texts for educational purposes
- Spreading knowledge in the field of pharmacy to the general public
What is required:
- Completed university education in the field of pharmacy or a related field
- Associate Professor / Professor degree in the sense of the Act on Higher Education Institutions as amended in the field of pharmacy or a related field
- Pedagogical experience at university in the field of pharmacy or in a related field for at least 10 years
- Practical experience with solving research projects, ideally in the position of researcher / co-researcher
- Knowledge of working with instrumental methods – IR, UV-Vis, NMR, HPLC, CE, etc. is beneficial
- Active cooperation with foreign countries within and outside the EU
- Foreign work experience as an associate professor / professor is very welcome
- Communicative knowledge of the English and the Czech languages
- Civil and moral integrity
- Being a part of a prestigious institution
- Meal contribution, 8-week holiday, contribution to supplementary pension insurance, etc.
- Motivating salary and working conditions
- Workplace near the centre of Brno
- Personal and professional growth prospect
Starting date: 1st November 2022, or by agreement.
How to apply?
Please send your application by September 30, 2022 via the electronic application form on the MU website.
The application has to include the following documents:
- Structured CV
- Overview of scientific and publishing activities
- Overview of pedagogical activities
- Cover letter
- Photocopies of proof of qualification
- Recommendations from at least two professional guarantors
To find more detailed information, please look at the websites www.muni.cz, www.pharm.muni.cz, and Facebook of the Faculty of Pharmacy Farmaceutická fakulta Masarykovy univerzity | Facebook