Research Fellow, Transport
A postdoctoral researcher position is available at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore. The postdoctoral researcher will lead funded research projects, supervise research students, and write research proposals and reports.
The research project aims to serve as a linkage from individual vehicle technologies to transportation infrastructure planning and traffic control at the network level. It is expected to deliver modelling tools and solutions for operating advanced traveller information systems, infrastructure planning and traffic control. The project will address the new challenges, enable the network-wide deployment of revolutionary CV technologies and provide a comprehensive understanding of the benefits and costs of the future CV systems.
- Possess a PhD degree in related discipline. (I.e Transportation engineering, operations research, or related disciplines).
- Strong interests and expertise in traffic simulation, mathematical modelling and programming, and reinforcement learning.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to present research findings in publications and meetings independently or in groups
- Has expertise and work experience in programming with both traffic simulation software Vissim and Python
- Has expertise and work experience in programming with C++ (or Python) and optimization solvers (e.g., CPLEX, AMPL).
- Publication record in top journals in the field.
- Values team work.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15060