Research Associate, Chemo- / Bio-sensor Material Synthesis, Fabrication, and Integration
The ECE Department of NUS is building new research programs that intersect Chemo-/Bio- Sensors and AI hardware. We are seeking a Research Associate to work on developing chemo-/bio- sensor and microfluidic integrations. Working with colleagues from materials and process technologies, the research also involves the co-design of system and circuits with novel components. Research activities may involve design and testing prototypes for sensors and wearables.
Responsibilities may include:
- Chemo-/Bio- sensor material synthesis, fabrication, and integration.
- Soft- and Hard- Microfluidic system design and fabrication.
- Must possess at least a Master’s degree in Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Material Science or related fields, from a recognised University/Institute.
- At least 2 years’ of relevant work experience, knowledge and skills in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills which are relevant to writing and presenting.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Open to fixed-term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No