Research Assistant, Department of Medicine
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistant in the project “Identifying biomarkers to diagnose NSAID hypersensitivity using a combined transcriptomics and metabolomics approach”. Appointment will be made on a 2-year contract basis, with the possibility of extension and postgraduate study.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant will work closely with the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the study on time. The Research Assistant’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as subject recruitment, data collection, data entry and sample processing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in National University Hospital and National University of Singapore to facilitate the study procedures and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator.
The Research Assistant will be able to:
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the study team;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project;
- Assist in subject recruitment, perform data collection and entry, maintain study’s ethics application, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Process samples from subjects in the laboratory and maintain a sample log for long term storage;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures.
The applicant should:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in life sciences, nursing, medicine or related disciplines and preferably have some experience in research;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature and be attentive to detail;
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11646