Manager, Education Support
6 days left
- Full Time
- Utilise your exceptional people management skills to support the delivery of education support to the School of Medical Sciences
- Foster your excellent stakeholder management skills to build meaningful relationship
- Full time fixed term for 12 months with a base salary of $111,966 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health brings together the areas of dentistry, medicine, medical sciences, nursing and midwifery, pharmacy, health sciences and public health to facilitate a multidisciplinary approach to solving modern day healthcare problems. By integrating the best minds and resources from our schools, clinical schools, disciplines and research bodies, the newly formed Faculty of Medicine and Health is designed to harness collaboration and translate research into education and clinical practice.
We are seeking a Manager, Education Support to provide strategic advice and operational support to the School of Medical Sciences for the delivery of educational support services for coursework-based programs of study, ensuring alignment to the faculty and school's teaching and research objectives.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop and operationalise strategies to ensure the school's core education support needs are effectively met
- provide sound expert advice and input into the delivery of educational support, including planning and reporting requirements, and manage the provision of a broad range of educational support services to academic staff for undergraduate and postgraduate programs of study
- manage collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, including academic leaders and FMH education support managers and leads, to aid the school's education support services
- provide effective leadership and management guidance and support to the staff in the work area, including feedback, coaching, and support for individual performance, career, and talent development, to build an effective and high performing team
- manage the performance and development of education support staff, ensuring that annual PPD's are completed, and appropriate professional development and training takes place, to support effective delivery of work activity and staff career management.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Manager, Education Support who has:
- demonstrated ability to establish effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to influence and negotiate to achieve required outcomes
- demonstrated experience in the supervision, training, mentoring, and performance management of staff, and experience resolving HR issues
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, including identifying and managing improvement initiatives
- experience delivering educations programs, preferably in a tertiary education environment
- demonstrated experience effectively coordinating activities and projects
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Esra Yavuzcehre, Recruitment Consultant, on by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 16 August 2022 11:59 PM