Research Fellow, Centre for Maritime Studies
An Integrated Model for Maritime Emission Reduction (AIMMER)
International shipping has been increasingly committed to addressing its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. An emission projection model to predict the GHG emissions from international shipping is crucial to policy makers and maritime industry stakeholders in positioning themselves in this global environmental issue. Numerous R&D projects have been invested for developing appropriate technologies for emission mitigation from shipping.
Join us and be part of the global effort on decarbonisation initiatives.
- Estimate future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios
- Monitor the ongoing emission reduction measures/policies in international shipping
- Develop simulation model for impact assessment
- Analyse the potential impacts from various combinations of emission reduction measures, adoption of zero-carbon fuels, and/or emission reduction regulations
- Contribute to research publications and funding proposals
- Assist with the administration and management of research project, including preparation of presentations and other tasks assigned by the PI.
A PhD degree or above in industrial systems engineering, management of technology, maritime engineering, systems engineering, or other related quantitative research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in the nature of international shipping and energy usage in international shipping
- Relevant research experience in emission projection, especially in the maritime industry
- Preferably with strong modelling and programming skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.