Research Fellow, Materials and Device Physics; Magnetism and Spintronics
The successful candidate will work with Assistant Professor Anjan Soumyanarayanan on Electrical Characterization of Spintronic Devices under a project on Spin-Orbit Technologies for Intelligence at the Edge (SpOT-LITE).
The main responsibilities of the position include -
- Design and fabrication of ultrathin magnetic film and devices.
- Design and setup of electrical probe station apparatus.
- Electrical characterization (DC,RF) measurements and analysis.
- Data interpretation and manuscript writing.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Qualifications/Discipline: PhD in Physics/Applied Physics/Electrical Engineering/Materials Engineering, or related discipline with a focus on electrical characterization of functional materials and devices.
- Background in materials physics, magnetism and spintronics.
- Design and setup of electrical and characterization (DC, RF) apparatus.
- Fabrication of ultrathin films and/or devices.
- Electrical characterization, data analysis, and manuscript writing.
- Programming for analysis and instrumentation.
- Good team player, good communication skills and fast learner.
- 5 years experience in experimental materials and device physics.
- Those with no experience are also welcome to apply.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Faculty of Science
Department : Physics
Job requisition ID : 8094