Research Assistant, Dentistry
The Faculty of Dentistry at the National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistant to support translational research in the area of oral biofilms. Appointments will be made on a one-year contract basis.
The Research Assistant will:
- Provide research support to the project and conduct research project independently;
- Provide administrative support to maintain laboratory safety standards and housekeeping in accordance with prevailing standard operating procedures and policies.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
MOM Updated advisory on COVID-vaccination at the Workplace, subject to changes in accordance with the national COVID-19 measures
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree majoring in Life Sciences or equivalent;
- At least 2 years research experience;
- Able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature with an attention to details;
- Experience in culture of bacterial/biofilms; cell culture; confocal scanning microscopy; standard molecular biology techniques e.g. DNA extraction, RNA extraction qPCR, western blot etc.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Dean's Office (Dentistry)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 12194