Research Associate, Centre for Maritime Studies
- Estimate future emissions from international shipping under different scenarios
- Monitor the ongoing emission reduction measures/policies in international shipping
- Develop simulation model for impact assessment
- Analyse the potential impacts from various combinations of emission reduction measures, adoption of zero-carbon fuels, and/or emission reduction regulations
- Contribute to research publications and funding proposals
- Assist with the administration and management of research project, including preparation of presentations and other tasks assigned by the PI.
- Possess a Master’s degree or above in industrial systems engineering, management of technology, maritime engineering, systems engineering, or other related quantitative research fields.
- A good understanding and interest in the nature of international shipping and energy usage in international shipping
- Relevant research experience in emission projection, especially in the maritime industry
- Preferably with strong modelling and programming skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.