Research Associate, Backend Developer, NUS eHealth Projects
If you are seeking purpose in your career, we may be the right team for you. We are looking for a Research Associate (Back End Developer) as we seek to produce flexible and scalable mobile eHealth solutions. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that responsible for the developing of the eHealth solution from conception to deployment.
In this role, you should be comfortable with back-end development tools, framework and libraries. You should also be a team player with a can-do attitude to solve cutting-edge challenging through technological implementation.
- Work with teams to develop project plans which include requirements, scope, deliverables, budget and schedules.
- Write web services and APIs
- Provide training and support to other team members.
- Oversee and plan project demands, proof-of-concept/value initiatives with stakeholders.
- Determine project goals to ensure the project supports business objectives and strategies
- Design a content management and sharing platform for digital health.
- Creating and maintain backend architecture
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Has relevant hands-on experience working with software development in a team.
- Good grasp of latest IT technologies, methodologies and best practices, particularly for backend development.
- Experience in the following types of project implementations: web-based and mobile application.
- Able to create sustainable web applications with clean codes.
- Possess a can-do attitude towards complex challenges
- Experience in healthcare industry or research is an added advantage
- Master degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Development, system analysis or equivalent.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health