Research Associate, Neuropsychology
NUS Memory, Aging, & Cognition Centre: Neurocognition Core
Opportunity for a Research Associate in Neuropsychology
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To perform academic research on cognition in study cohorts, conduct data analysis and write scientific manuscripts and grant applications.
To provide supervision to junior staff in academic and non-academic duties. Additional duties include administration and neuropsychological assessments.
Candidates will gain extensive training and exposure to research skills (study conduct / planning, data analysis, and scientific writing) as well as supervision skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform academic research on cognition and its determinants in Memory Aging & Cognition Centre observational and clinical trial cohorts
- Provide supervision to research assistants / students
- Validate cognitive rating instruments in the Singaporean population.
- Provide cognitive rating services for clinical trials and collaborative projects.
- Work with investigators to develop culturally sensitive cognitive interventions, and thereafter provide interventions as a service for clinical trials.
- Provide neuropsychological and neurobehavioural assessments for mood, anxiety, stress, resilience, personality traits, behavior / habits, and emotional and social intelligence.
- Provide expertise to work with users on design of consent forms, case report forms and protocols.
- Provide training for Neurocognition core users (seminars, workshops and tutorials) and to train junior staff to provide rating services for clinical trials.
(A) EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree in cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, epidemiology or other relevant subjects; or MD with relevant experience in Geriatrics, Neurology or Psychiatry.
- Previous working experience in clinical/research settings administering neuropsychological assessments and clinical interviews;
- A good track record of scientific publications and achievements, preferably in biomarkers of cognitive impairment and dementia (neuropsychology, imaging, fluid)
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Fluency in Chinese (including dialects), Malay or Tamil will be an added advantage as there may be interactions with non-English speaking patients.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
A/Prof Christopher Chen
Director of MACC
Email address: email@example.com
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Pharmacology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14078