Research Engineer, Digital Twin
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore is recruiting a research engineer with a Civil or Mechanical Engineering background to pursue research in a funded project entitled “Enhancing Offshore System Productivity, Integrity and Survivability in Extreme Environments (ENSURE) – WP2 Local Digital Twin”.
In close collaboration with the research team on global digital twin, the research aims to develop sensor-interfaced digital twin solutions to examine the fatigue failure of welded connections in floating structures. Integrating the sensing data measured from the local component, the local digital twin will focus on enhancing the predictability of fatigue performance and fatigue life for critical welded components, leveraging on the machine learning algorithms.
- Possess at least a Bachelor/Master degree in structural engineering or related disciplines from a reputable university
- Applicants should have fundamental knowledge in fatigue and fracture for large-scale structural components and sub-systems
- Applicants should have laboratory experience in designing, conducting and instrumenting both the material specimens and large-scale structural specimens
- Applicants should also have the basic knowledge and skills for nonlinear finite element analysis
- Good written and spoken communications.
- Open to fixed term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14978