Research Engineer, Environmental Engineering
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Engineer position in Environmental Engineering.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop molecular markers for ecotoxicological assessment in environment. The candidate should be able to contribute research skills, domain knowledge and expertise, as well as be involved in the publication of papers.
- A Master’s degree in environmental engineering, or a related discipline, with strong background of microbiology.
- Extensive experience of molecular biology, particularly for Viability PCR in environmental engineering applications.
- Extensive experience of operation of following instruments:
- Viability PCR and LAMP (Loop-mediated isothermal amplification) assay design
- DNA and RNA Extraction (Soil and Cell/ Tissue)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (qPCR)
- Bacterial Culture, Plating, and Cloning
- Water Quality and Monitoring Procedure
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Experience in producing reports and peer-reviewed publications.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Civil and Environmental Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14166